What is Fertility Checkup?
Human reproduction can be affected by various diseases and problems of women and / or men. Some of them may go with the indications that the couple can identify themselves, but some can not be detected unless specific examinations and diagnostic methods have been carried out.
Infants, developmental anomalies, cysts, tumors, hormonal disorders, sexual and psychological problems that can interfere with the function of the testes in the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries in males may have negative effects on the probability of having a child when the couple wants them.
In addition, age, genetic and immune system factors, obesity, stress, fatigue, smoking, alcohol use and nutrition habits, even their professions, education levels, social and moral preferences, perceptions, medical treatments and the operations they have may have negative effects.
However, appropriate and sufficient studies should be done by specialists of the subject to determine the extent to which individual diseases and problems affect the reproductive function of the couple. Since each pair has its own special features, the chances of making a child are unlike each other.
It would not be correct to make a generalization that is thought to be compatible with every couple. This approach can lead to undesirable consequences that can last as long as the couple remains without children.
For this reason, it is appropriate to plan for each couple in a special way and to plan the future acquisition of a couple according to the scientific data obtained from this evaluation.
Some of the couples do not want children immediately after marriage and use methods of protection from pregnancy. Some couples immediately demand children and, according to general beliefs, expect pregnancy for 1-2 years without consulting a specialist.
In both cases, unknown, unpredictable problems, problems can prevent appropriate treatment at the appropriate time, can make dual treatment difficult or even impossible.
Treatment can be easier, more successful, and more economical if the problems of genital or other causes of men in the sperm counts and sperm motility are reduced, egg fertilization is reduced, sperm is absent, and women have problems with reproductive organs due to the reasons mentioned above.
For example, the reduction in female egg reserves can not be realized at the time and if the early treatment options are not utilized, it can become impossible for the couple to reach the baby. Early diagnosis can also prevent unnecessary time loss, psychological and economic losses.
For these reasons, we are invited to make “Fertility Check-up” by taking advantage of the diagnostic methods that will be made in the light of the current scientific data and in the technological developments.
Practices to be carried out by well-trained and experienced specialists are evaluated with the reproductive organs and other systems that may directly or indirectly affect them. These;
- The couple will take personal stories that will be useful for the detailed evaluation of women and men. Potential problem areas are questioned and problems are identified.
- The necessary hormone tests are performed.
- Detailed ultrasonic examinations are performed.
- If necessary, fallopian tubes are evaluated.
- Sperm function tests are done.
- Ovarian reserve is assessed by various methods.
- The evaluations and recommendations to be based on preventive medicine practices are made.
- Lifestyle changes are recommended (diet, psychological counseling, balance of habits, etc.).
- The necessary multidisciplinary consultations (urology, endocrine, diet, surgery, etc.) are planned and coordinated.
- The necessary operations are planned.
- Future follow-up and treatment planning are done.
- Appointments are made at certain time intervals or when problems occur.
- Appropriate treatments are planned from simple to high tech and are applied to achieve the highest success rates when necessary.